What is My Adopted Soldier?
myadoptedsoldier.com is an online education tool for History teachers and students that helps create meaningful connections to history, making it easier to teach and learn. The platform is a collaborative space which provides soldier data to history students and guides them through the process of researching and creating a digital archive on their ‘Adopted’ soldier. These archives are often stories that have never been told and are curated by students often a similar age to the soldiers they are remembering.
● A collaborative space for teachers & students
● Research & Digital Literacy Modules
● Teachers dashboard to monitor, correct and publish archive projects
● Teachers can set project outlines and resources
● Teachers can chat and connect with their students during the project
● All resources and learning materials in one place
● Published archives become online public resource
● Students awarded a certificate of competency in Digital Archiving