Debating & Public Speaking
Emma McGrath will provide you with an overview of Debating & Public Speaking in the current classroom set-up.
- How to structure and facilitate a debate
- Dissect a debating topic and begin to formulate
- Structure your presentations
- Deliver your speeches to a high standard.
- The rules and protocols used and how to introduce these to your students.
- How to establish a Public Speaking within your class or school
Adjudication sheets and material will be shared with participants to give you a deeper understanding of what adjudicators look for.
Emma will also share many hints and tips from her own vast experience in this area.Learning the skills of Debating and Public Speaking is a skill for life and one that is highly beneficial moving forward to Secondary School were Classroom Based Assessments are a pivotal part of the Junior Cert Cycle.
About your tutor : Emma Mc Grath is a Primary School Teacher who has run a school of Speech and Drama for over 10 years. She produces several children’s productions each year and examines and adjudicates drama and public speaking students at a national level. Having debated throughout secondary and third level Emma knew the benefits it could offer to Primary school students. In 2014 she established an Inter Schools Debating League and has mentored her own team throughout this time.