CRAFTed: Series of Virtual Workshops for Primary School Teachers
Workshops will be taking place on Tuesdays from 4pm - 6pm on
March 9th, 16th, 23rd & April 13th, 20th & 27th
Participants must attend all 6 workshops
Planning and designing craft & design-based class projects, through themes, materials and skills that support an integrated process-led approach to the curriculum. Hands-on exploration of drawing, painting, fabric & fibre, printmaking, clay and construction through self-reflective practice. The course offers confidence building and an opportunity for the teacher to explore their own creativity whilst being mindful of transferable skills to the classroom and across age ranges. This course is run by professional craftspeople and designers in collaboration with the Design & Crafts Council Ireland and based on 10 years’ experience in Irish classrooms through CRAFTed.
Irish primary school teachers who want new ideas for the classroom to support the Visual Art Curriculum
What to Expect:
- Expect lots of new ideas and techniques that are ‘doable’ with a large class using materials that are accessible. You will cover Drawing & Colour, Fabric & Fibre, Construction, Clay and Print.
- Five visual art workshops with professional craftspeople covering each strand of the VA curriculum with a focus on transferable skills for the classroom.
- Participants will be invited to undertake a project with their students exploring at least one of the new techniques they have learned and feed back to their peers on this experience.
- An overarching theme for this suite of workshops will demonstrate how each of the strands can support and feed into each other.
- To evidence your experience each participant will be asked to create a 2minute video/presentation to document the application of a new technique in the classroom and keep a reflective journal.
- Final session is a regroup to see how each participant got on in the classroom applying the learning.