Numicon - To Support Maths Teaching
March 3rd: Discover how to:
- Itemise the assessment techniques and opportunities inherent in a Numicon approach;
- Participate in corresponding activities that can be used to explore and develop each key idea with pupils
- Build on key mathematical ideas and techniques in relation to: structures, methods and properties of operations
- Understand the importance of visualisation, in terms of how visualisation will support pupil’s learning now and in the future, and the need to share this importance
Subitising, Arrays, Percentages, Quick-Fire games, Data Handling, Money, Grids & Grid References, Addition, Subtraction.
March 10th: Having participated in this presentation participants will:
- Determine the practices of an effective teacher of mathematics
- Identify and select Numicon units of work to teach selected strand units in mathematics
- Outline and use activities that support the Numicon approach to teaching mathematics
100 Baseboard, Geometry, Layouts, The Clock, Fractions, Factors, Division, Multiplication.