Occupational Therapy for New Infants and Pupils with SEN
Oct 5th & 12th (7pm)
WORKSHOP 1: October 5th
This workshop will focus on the following:
- Information on how to access paediatric OT Services in the HSE
- Classroom Seating: facilitator will discuss posture, chairs and cushions.
- Movement Breaks – the benefits of movement breaks during the school day within and out of class.
- Regulation Strategies to support every child to be regulated, co regulated, self regulated and how to maintain it during the day/evening
- Self Care Skills – facilitator will discuss self care strategies for class and school and how to support them.
WORKSHOP 2: October 12th:
This workshop will focus on:
- Gross and Fine Motor Skills and the impact on function in primary school.
- Handwriting – solutions for improving and supporting handwriting
- Sensory Strategies to support the chid with sensory differences in the class room.