Effective Literacy & Numeracy Teaching, Learning And Assessment
- July 3rd - 10th
- Facilitators: Elaine Cresham-Irwin & Fiona Biesty
- Format: BLENDED ONLINE
- Fee: €50.00
- Monday July 3rd 9.30am – 2pm
- Tuesday July 4th 9.30am – 11.30am
- Thursday July 6th 9.30am – 2pm
Synchronous - 10 hrs live online via Zoom.
Asynchronous - 10 hrs online activities to be completed in your own time
This innovative online Summer course has been developed to promote the most effective teaching approaches and resources available to support teaching, learning and assessment of literacy and numeracy in the classroom. Collaboration and the sharing of knowledge will be a key element of this course, and opportunities will be provided for teachers to share apps, websites and practices with their colleagues.
- Effective Teaching Approaches for Literacy and Numeracy
- Team Teaching Approaches
- Using G Suite for Education
- Maintaining a meaningful focus on literacy & numeracy by integrating appropriate approaches and digital technologies
- Assessment for Literacy and Numeracy
- Effective inclusion of all learners
- Creating the best possible learning opportunities for all pupils
There will be a high level of interaction during the live online sessions which will include presentations, debates, discussions, quizzes, teamwork, assignments, Q & A, and feedback. There will be a strong emphasis on fun throughout the week involving icebreakers, Kahoot quizzes for revision and virtual coffee breaks to encourage discussion and chat. During the independent online activities, participants will be encouraged to explore and investigate websites and apps presented and contribute to a Google slides presentation detailing resources explored.