Key Digital Tools for Creating Resources for Your Classroom
This innovative online Summer course has been developed to equip the primary teacher to become familiar with a range of digital learning resources to enhance the teaching of literacy and numeracy in the primary classroom. Through hands-on experience and engagement with digital tools, participants will be shown practical ways to incorporate digital technology into their everyday practice. The course content has been specifically developed for the modern classroom of 2021, using many of the digital tools that have been so beneficial to schools over the past 12 months of the pandemic.
- How to use online assessment tools to increase feedback and interactivity (such as Mentimeter, Kahoot, Socrative)
- Explore the Digital Learning Framework and understand how to implement a meaningful Digital Learning Plan in their own school context
- Learn how to source reliable and quality sources of information (such as World Book Online, DK Find Out & Scoilnet)
- Utilise online tools/apps to support literacy, numeracy, digital storytelling and other curricular areas (such as Book Creator, iMovie, DoInk Green Screen)
- Identify the importance of digital citizenship and internet safety and source materials to teach these areas (such as HTML Heroes and My Selfie and the Wider World)
- Become familiar with how to introduce coding and coding principle in the primary classroom (Hour of Code, Kodable, Bee Bots, Blue Bots, the Bee Bots app, Scratch, Lego WeDo, Photons, Microbits, Blockly)
The course will be taking place via Zoom Meetings over 5 days from 9:30am-2:00pm
on Thursday 1st - Wednesday 7th July, and is eligible for EPV days. Fee: €50 (non-refunfable).
The aim of our tutor team is to make the course as interactive and as close to face to face delivery as possible, and we will be using new video conferencing equipment to ensure a high level of interaction involving feedback, engagement, discussion and Q & A sessions. There will be a strong emphasis on fun throughout the week involving icebreakers, Kahoot quizzes for revision and virtual coffee breaks to encourage discussion and chat.